School Based Programs
School Based Health Centers (SBHCs) provide cost-effective & time-efficient services that benefit the community, schools, teachers, parents and students.
- Dental – 15%
- Medical – 33%
- Behavioral Health – 52%
Total Revenue 2016-2017
- Medical – 27%
- Dental – 34%
- Behavioral Health – 39%
- 48% Increase in number of behavioral health visits at CTRA with the addition of full-time LCSW
- Increased Medical care by 125% due to a full time APRN at Larson SBHC
- Within one school year, SBHC staff engaged in many hours of critical, non-billable care coordination services on behalf of their students.
Time Efficient And Prevention Based
- 2,608 dental sealants completed at Integrated Health Solutions Inc.’s in East Hartford between 2013-2017.
- 166 physicals exams completed during the 2016-2017 school year alone, including 40 for uninsured students (a 37% increase from FY 2015-2016)
- The screening component of the ADAPT (Assessing the Development to Assist Preschoolers in Transition) program identified 26% of preschoolers attending School Readiness sites in East Hartford who were exhibiting at-risk behaviors (compared to national average of 4%)
Response to Community Needs
- CTRA Social Worker
- School Readiness Social Worker
- Goodwin College Behavioral Health Services