Facts About Our Healthcare Services
Facts: Integrated Health Services, Inc.
- During the 2013-2014 academic year 1,824 students were enrolled in the SBHC.
- There were 5,827 visits for medical, dental, and/or behavioral health services to the SBHCs in the 2013-2014 academic year.
- 82% of the students enrolled in the SBHCs are either uninsured or covered by Medicaid/Husky health plans. No students are turned away from receiving care because they are uninsured.
- 773 visits were made to the SBHC by uninsured students.
- Registered Dental Hygienists performed 496 cleanings and 495 fluoride treatments in the 2013-2014 academic year.
Facts: School Based Health Centers
- SBHCs remove barriers to care that students and families might otherwise encounter including transportation issues, loss of school/work time for appointments, and a lack of qualified health care practitioners.
- SBHCs increase the number of safety net providers accessible to high-risk children (especially for behavioral health services).
- Parents must sign a permission form to receive services.
- All services are confidential.
- SBHCs can bill Medicaid and Husky for services covered by these health plans.